Avalon has a number of books and other Montessori references for parents.
Parent Information Nights are offered throughout the school year and additional resources are also available for parent education. Parents are encouraged to learn about the Montessori program.
Below are a few references and links you might find useful as you begin to explore a Montessori education at Avalon. Speak to us for a recommendation today.
- Dr. Montessori’s Own Handbook by Maria Montessori
- The Essential Montessori by Elizabeth Hainstock
- Montessori Madness: A Parent to Parent Argument for Montessori Education by Trevor Eissler
- Montessori – A Modern Approach by Paula Polk Lillard
- Montessori Today by Paula Polk Lillard
- Practical Parenting by Stanley Shapiro, Karen Skinulis, Richard Skinulis